Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu's Legal Department is seeking an experienced television executive to support the creation and licensing of content for Hulu’s marketing organization. In this role, you will function in a business affairs capacity and negotiate complex deals related to original content production, including scripted pilot/series, international co-productions, documentaries, specials, ancillary content, co-branded and sponsored content, etc. In particular, you will analyze deal structures and advise on strategy, costs, business terms, talent relations and other information relating to the development, production, and licensing of original productions for Hulu’s marketing organization. The successful candidate should have at least 5 years of business and legal affairs experience in the development, production and licensing of content, branded content and advertising content partnerships. If you're equal parts leader & doer, who brings an ambitious, efficient, and inclusive spirit to all you do, we'd love you to join our team!
What You'll Do:
- Negotiate rights, provide business expertise, analyze risk, and develop processes regarding contracts and licenses for original content production
- Negotiate talent deals and have familiarity with guild rules
- Draft term sheets, long-form agreements, and other documentation
- Work closely with internal teams, particularly creative and finance departments, to set content strategy, financial plan and programming calendar for Hulu’s marketing organization
- Act as a business liaison between Hulu’s marketing team and the creative community (e.g., talent agencies, studios and independent production companies)
- Provide general business counsel in a rapidly changing business and tech environment
- Navigate complex and nuanced clearances (e.g., visuals, products, sports, estates, etc.)
- Advise on legal implications and guidance around development of new advertising and brand partnership campaigns (including commercials, branded content, and brand partnerships)
- Build out workflows for this new and growing team, and oversee their adoption/implementation as the team continues to grow and the volume of work scales up.
- 7+ years total experience (at least 5 years doing television business affairs)
- Extensive knowledge of television/SVOD transactions including network and studio licensing, co-productions, development and talent deals, IP acquisitions, contingent compensation structures, and agency package arrangements
- Extensive familiarity with production budgets and the ability to provide business and legal counsel on all production matters
- High degree of knowledge related to unions and guilds, production tax incentives, and international co-productions
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside of expertise.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school