Our people are our greatest differentiator. Meet some now.
As a member of our lean and agile tech teams, you'll be one of the people driving the experience, connecting viewers with the stories they love. Whether they're watching on desktop, on mobile, or in the living room, we're perfecting every line of code so our viewers' experience is unparalleled. Here you can work through the full life cycle of development utilizing the latest and greatest tech. And your work and efforts will actually be seen and enjoyed by our viewers — from the Oscars to the Super Bowl and countless streaming hours in between.
Darshana Hulu Santa MonicaI feel proud to be a part of continuing to evolve our successful product and seeing it change over the last five years.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Web team is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test who will be an outstanding addition to our team! As an SDET at Hulu, you will be the domain expert in the web applications that power the user experience, and play an integral role in defining test strategies, building test automation, investigating/reporting issues, and collaborating across the Engineering team to release quality software. The right person for this role must be able to lead by example: design and implement high-quality solutions via both manual means and automation to engineering problems and interact directly with developers and technical program managers to ensure quick, effective communication of issues and test results. In addition, the candidate needs to be highly proficient in automation - not just how to automate, but when and why as well. This is an excellent opportunity to have a meaningful impact on our QE process and culture, as well as the products we release. If you have a passion for delivering a quality product, then this is the role for you!
● Build and improve our automation, and partner with other Quality Engineers and SDETs to ensure both a high-quality bar and a high level of code coverage.
● Collaborate daily with software developers, product owners, and program managers to define requirements and ensure testability
● Design test plans and build test cases (both manual and automated) for exciting new features being introduced, and propose regression tests to discover recurring issues while driving those tests to “automation complete”
● Diagnose, debug, and perform root cause analysis for issues in production or test environments, report defects, advocate for their resolution and provide transparency into the value of your work
● Partner with multiple teams to arrive at End to End test scenarios and help execute them to ensure product release readiness.
● B.S. degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience).
● 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
● Proficient programming with Java, Python, C#, Kotlin, Scala, or similar
● Experience with backend test automation frameworks (E.g. REST Assured, Karate, pytest, etc.)
● Proficient with version control software (E.g. GitHub) and issue/project tracking software (E.g. Jira)
● Proficient with software development/debugging tools (E.g. Postman, curl, Chrome dev tools)
● Highly experienced in defining/executing/maintaining test cases and experience with building out test plans for backend services
● Good reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience with test suite/case/run management tools (E.g. qTest, TestRail, etc.)
● Proven experience demonstrating analytical skills, reporting, leadership, customer focus, and collaboration
● Some experience with Jenkins or similar build tools
● Experience developing advanced mocking mechanisms (E.g. rule-based proxies and dummy-services)
Apply for a role through our career site, or through a referral, and complete any assessments required for the role. Make sure to browse through Hulu.com and our careers site to get an understanding of our product and culture.
If you’re a potential fit, a recruiter will reach out for an initial screen. They will want to learn more about you, your background, goals, and aspirations – and answer any questions you have about the position. You may also be asked to speak to the hiring manager for the role.
Come on in and meet the team in person. This is typically the final stage and your chance to leave a lasting impression through your enthusiasm, preparation, abilities, and resume. You may also be asked to present “pre-work” that shows how you would handle a specific challenge or scenario.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process.